Yes, it’s that time of year again when the supermarkets are full of anything pink and heart-shaped, every advert is for perfume, lingerie or personalised cards, and everyone is feeling that little bit extra romantic!
We live such busy lives, and, though we would like to think that when we care about someone, we would show them how much we care every single day, sometimes life just gets in the way, and the good old-fashioned romance gets overlooked!
So let’s embrace the cheesy and the loved up.
Let’s revel in the romance.
Let’s hold hands and light candles.
Let’s kiss in the rain (or if we are taking this week’s weather into account, snow!)
Let’s arrange the perfect valentines date night.
Let’s go all out – flowers, wine, and even presents!
Now, when it comes to presents, it is a well known fact that men are particularly hard to buy for – however, I think that us ladies have a lot to answer for too!
So, I have put together a Gift Guide for you, with help from the wonderful people at Debenhams, to make things a little simpler for you guys and gals looking for the perfect valentines gift (without breaking the budget too!)
Ladies, there is no harm in the traditional – A nice shirt, a new wallet or a great fragrance is always a good shout – they are the trusty favourites for a reason! I also loved the waistcoat (number 10) and Hipflask (number 9) as slightly more unusual ideas.
Fragrance wise, I have it on very good authority that Dior Sauvage (number 4) is to die for, and Davidoff Cool Water (number 3) has been a best seller for what seems like YEARS so you can’t go wrong!
I also popped a nice jumper on there (number 5), and a few accessories too – and everything is under £75, with the majority being under £35! See, you can do valentines on a budget! (All links and prices at the bottom of this post!)
Gents, I know us ladies are harder to buy for than the stereotype suggests – so I’ve got some nice suggestions on here with a bit of makeup, some clothing/nightwear, a perfume and a couple of shiny bits and bobs – there’s bound to be something that will suit! 🙂
The Blue bag (number 1) is a perfect medium sized handbag for everything from coffee with the girls, all the way through to a good night out (and it’s in the sale at the moment, reduced from £39 to £19.50!)
I also love the look of the Ted Baker Kimono (number 10) and the Floral Purse (number 12) – really colourful and bright!
Makeup wise, I’ve popped the classic Urban Decay “Naked” palette on there (number 11), and I’ve also popped a gorgeous blusher (number 7) and lipstick (number 8) on there too.
As with the Male list, everything is under £75 with the majority under £30 so you don’t have to break the bank!
I hope these short gift guides help you guys – All the items can also be ordered with next day delivery so you don’t need to panic if you’ve only just realised that it is Valentines day on Tuesday and you need to pull something together over the weekend!
Have a fantastic valentines day all – spoil each other rotten you gorgeous lot! 🙂
For the full catalogue of Debenhams Valentines pieces, see http://www.debenhams.com/content/valentines
- Jeff Banks Light Blue Striped Tailored Fit Shirt and Purple Tie Set – WAS £50.00 – NOW £15.00
- Hammond & Co. by Patrick Grant Black Leather Tab Wallet in a Gift Box – £30.00
- Davidoff ‘Cool Water’ Aftershave – 75ml £32.00 – 125ml £40.00
- DIOR ‘Sauvage’ Eau De Toilette – 60ml £50.00 – 100ml £68.00
- Maine New England Plum Knitted V Neck Jumper – £20.00
- J by Jasper Conran Red Pure Wool Striped Scarf in a Gift Box – WAS £40.00 – NOW £20.00
- Jeff Banks Black Double Zip Wash Bag – £24.00
- The Collection Silver Square Half Pyramid Cufflinks – £15.00
- Kikkerland Leather Flask – £20.00
- Hammond & Co. by Patrick Grant Dark Grey Wool Blend Tailored Fit Waistcoat – £50.00
- Ted Baker Navy Stripe Socks and Boxer Gift Set – £28.00
- RJR.John Rocha Designer Brown Leather Logo Tab Belt – £26.00
- Mantaray Light Blue Front Pocket Bowler Bag – WAS £39.00 – NOW £19.50
- B by Ted Baker Pack of Three Assorted Knickers in a Gift Box – WAS £25.00 – NOW £21.25
- Viktor & Rolf ‘Flowerbomb’ Debenhams Exclusive Eau De Parfum – 50ml £75.00
- ELEMIS ‘Frangipani Monoi’ Salt Glow Scrub 480g – £37.00
- The Collection Light Pink Lace Detail Babydoll and Briefs Set – £22.50
- Principles by Ben de Lisi Ladies’ Pink and Rose Gold Double Length Second Hand Watch – £25.00
- Laura Geller ‘Baked’ Blusher-n-Brighten Blusher 5g – £23.00
- MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Lipstick – £15.50
- Simply Silver Sterling Silver Infinity and Heart Necklace – WAS £20.00 – NOW £16.00
- B by Ted Baker Light Pink ‘Sunlit Floral’ Print Kimono – £42.00
- Urban Decay ‘Naked’ Eye Shadow Palette 12 x 1.3g – £39.50
- Star by Julien Macdonald White Floral Print Purse – £25.00
- Debenhams Set of Three Heart Candle Holders – £12.00
*The items in my photos were gifted, however all views are my own!