I absolutely love sharing things on this blog – things I have been up to, things I’ve bought, things I’ve made, crazy things I’ve experienced or things I need to rant about, but it occurred to me that I probably haven’t told you that much about me just being me….so here you are – 25 random facts about me….some you may know, others your probably don’t…:-)
- I am completely addicted to tea – I have to have at least 4 cups a day!
- I have 2 younger sisters – one was born on April fools day, the other was born on my birthday (What a coincidence, eh?! 3 years younger!)
- I am scared of pigeons – there is a story about this which I won’t tell right now but it includes a pigeon, lots of hairspray and my head….I’ll let you guess!
- I can quote pretty much the entirety of “When Harry Met Sally”.
- Until I was 18, I was the most disorganised person on the planet – now, anything to do with organisation/stationery, I just can’t resist and I’m always early – for everything!!
- I have a degree in Musical Theatre from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (now the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland) – and I met this wonderful bunch on the course, all of whom I miss very very much – I don’t get to see them nearly as often as I’d like!
- I absolutely love watching dramas about crime & forensics – gimme a tub of Ben & Jerrys and a box set of silent witness and I’m a happy girl. Some think it’s morbid, but I just love them. Silent witness, waking the dead – all of them!
- I have a serious sweet tooth – Chocolate and I have a truly special relationship based on lust, need and deep deep love!
- I lived in Glasgow for 3 years (doing my degree) and it is still one of my favourite places to be – I seriously don’t get back there enough!
- I’m a dog person.
We used to have a wonderful dog called Monty who was absolutely gorgeous; so friendly and happy! He was also incredibly brave and had an amazing way of defying the odds: He survived getting hit by a car, swallowing a peach stone and then survived about 3 years of doggy cancer (about 2 years longer than the vets expected!) before we had to put him down. He was the best dog ever. No question. Even when he failed doggy obedience (several times!) 🙂
- My favourite season is Autumn: I just love it!
- I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
- I am rubbish at catching things. Seriously, never throw anything to me!
- I absolutely love spicy food!
- I have broken 2 bones in my life – both in stupid ways!
I broke my knee when I was 12 by roller blading into a lamppost (fool!) and I broke my elbow when I was 21 trying to do a handstand (at 21 years old….come on!) – apparently I’m too top heavy for my little arms! Damn you breasty genetics!
- I love wearing red.
- When I was 18 I travelled to Africa alone for 2 months! I was terrified to go alone but to this day it is still probably the best experience I’ve had in my life! I started in Kenya and travelled through Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa – all in a tent! (And I got to play with baby lions for two weeks at the end!) – I am going to write a post about this trip at some point – I just need to get all my photos together in one place!
- I am absolutely desperate for a pet hedgehog. As soon as I am in one place for long enough to provide one a stable home it’s happening! [UPDATE: I now have a baby hedgehog!]
- I am really not a morning person. Unless something exciting is happening like going on holiday – then I just won’t sleep at all!!
- I keep a diary which quite literally contains my deepest darkest secrets.
- My go-to remedy when I really can’t sleep is Stephen Fry reading the Harry Potter series on audiobook – I’ll be out like a light within a couple of minutes no matter how bad the insomnia is!
- I am desperate to do another skydive – I’m a proper adrenalin junkie and since doing a 15,000ft skydive in Namibia, I’m desperate to do it again! Amazing experience!
- When tequila shots are being done, I never bite the lemon. Just salt and tequila.
- I love love love quirky mugs for all the tea I drink – I can’t get enough! 🙂
- My hair is big, curly and mad. Always will be, and apparently always has been…
Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me! If you fancy, do comment with a random fact about yourself – I’d love to know more about you guys! 🙂