If you’ve read my blog for a while, you can’t really have missed out on the fact that I’m a bit of a travel junkie. I love it.
There is nothing I love more than exploring somewhere new, learning about new places and cultures, trying something I never expected and pushing my comfort-zone (and what anyone expects of me!) to the limit!
If I could, I would spend my entire life travelling and exploring – what life that would be!
I’ve been lucky enough to tick off a few of my major travel bucket list moments already but there are so so many place I still want to go! I thought I’d share my Travel Bucket List with you guys – mostly because I think you guys might like to know all the weird and wonderful places I’d love to go, and also just to put it out into the ether – if there is some kind of travel-god out there; who knows what may happen! 🙂
So….Here is my ultimate travel bucket list. The list of places that if I could travel for the rest of my life, I would want to visit and explore.
The One’s I’ve Done Already (all of which I want to do again!)
1. Go on an African Safari. – As part of my crazy African adventure I went on safari in 8 countries through West Africa.
2. Visit Victoria Falls (The largest waterfall in the world)
3. Trek up to and see the sun rise over Macchu Picchu
4. Explore the Bolivian Salt Flats
5. See the Orangutans in Borneo
6. Go Whale-Watching (see my photos and my post here)
7. See the migration in the Serengeti (will be included in my post about my African adventures – out soon!)
8. See the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain in Rome (albeit at midnight because I had 8 hours to kill between flights and was determined to make the most of it!)
9. Do a walking safari (this was also while I was in Africa, literally walking amongst the animals – amazing!)
10. Visit Harry Potter World in Orlando
11. Go to New York and see a show on Broadway (or two! See my post about my New York trip here)
12. Visit Pompeii and climb Mount Vesuvius.
13. Do a skydive – also part of my Africa trip. (I did mine at sunset over the Namib desert in Namibia)
14. Go to Venice and ride on a gondola.
15. Sleep in a Salt Hotel.
16. Ski in the French Alps (a week almost every year since I was 7)
17. Play with Lion Cubs (I spent a fortnight playing with, and looking after baby lions in South Africa at the end of my Africa trip in 2009)
The Ones Still On My List
18. Visit Niagara Falls.
19. Eat Sushi in Japan.
20. Visit the Taj Mahal (I actually visited Delhi in 2010 to perform at the handover ceremony for the commonwealth games but I didn’t see outside the stadium I was performing in, the security guarded bus to and from the venue and the hotel I was staying in – desperate to go back and see it properly!)
21. Ride a Camel in the Sahara Desert.
22. Visit the Amazon.
23. Visit the Bridge that the Hogwarts Express crosses in Scotland.
24. See the floating lanterns in Thailand.
25. Walk The Great Wall of China
26. Stay in a Treehouse.
27. See the Northern Lights.
28. See the Grand Canyon in a Helicopter and have a hike around.
29. Sleep in one of the glass igloos in Finland.
30. Play poker in Las Vegas.
31. Explore the market in Marrakech.
32. Visit LA and be a proper tourist!
33. Dance the Tango in Argentina.
34. Climb Everest – or attempt to at least!
35. Climb Kilimanjaro
36. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef
37. Drive Route 66 across America and visit every single possibly stop on the way.
38. See the Pyramids in Eygpt
39. See Polar Bears in the Norwegian Fjords.
40. Visit Stonehenge (can’t believe I haven’t done that!)
41. Go to San Francisco and cross the Golden Gate Bridge
42. See Budapest – I keep hearing such incredible things from friends who have visited.
43. Safari in India – I really want to see Tigers in the wild!
44. See Sydney – the harbour bridge, the opera house, the whole thing!
45. Go to one of the underwater restaurants in the Maldives
46. See the sun set in Santorini
47. See Lapland in Winter – just to make all my love for christmas a million times better – This, in particular is something I’d love to do when I have kids. Hpw completely magical would that be?!?
48. See Hobbiton in New Zealand
49. Sleep in an Ice Hotel.
50. Go Heli-Skiing.
Who knows what my next adventure will be, I’m not one to sit still for too long unless I have to!
First two photos credit to Nehal Ahmed who was with me on my trip through Africa in 2009.
Northern Lights photo credit: The last embrace via photopin (license)
Golden Gate Bridge photo credit: Golden Gate Bridge 4 via photopin (license)
S, xOctober 12, 2015 at 9:33 am
I love all of these ideas – saving this post for future holiday inspiration 🙂
VioletDaffodilsOctober 13, 2015 at 10:03 am
These all sound so amazing! I've been fortunate enough to travel a lot when I was younger but there's so many things I'd love to do and revisit again as I would appreciate them more. I hope you do complete this list, It'd be such an amazing life experience for you 😀
Rosie LadkinDecember 8, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Let me know if you tick any of them off – I'll be super super jealous! 🙂
Rosie LadkinDecember 8, 2015 at 7:56 pm
I'd love to even complete half of this list – I absolutely love travelling so to get the chance to see these places would just be phenomenal! 🙂
How lucky to have been able to travel so much already – I'm sure there are so many more places you will have the chance to explore – or to re-explore! 🙂