So here we are, week two of my Ten Things Thursdays posts. This week has seen the end of induction week, and the start of the teaching of my Midwifery degree. It’s all very exciting, and there are lots of new things that are all very exciting at the moment. My new flat is still something that makes me smile every day – it’s just so pretty! I’ve filmed the majority of a Studio Flat Tour for you guys, I just need to find some time to edit it all together – Hopefully I’ll get it up over the weekend…..maybe.
Anyway, here are the things that have made me smile this week!
1. Un-Expected Climbing Wall. A climbing wall, in the courtyard, at university, for free! It’s not every day you finish your packed lunch, whack on a harness and scale a climbing wall on your lunch break!
2. Free Flowers. I went to ASDA to get a frying pan, I came out with a frying pan and a free bunch of flowers! What a lovely little treat! 🙂
3. Free Pizza at Freshers Fair! Pizza is good. Free Pizza is even better! YUM!
4. Drinks with the Midwives! A group of us went for post-Freshers-Fair drinks. Nothing quite like a gin and tonic to help you get to know new people!
5. Saturday Lie In. I love my bed. I love my bed even more when I don’t have to drag myself out of it! After a week of getting up early for uni, a lie in was SO WELCOME!
6. Extra Slice by Chance! I flicked on the tv on Sunday morning whilst doing some blog work, to find Friday’s episode of “Extra Slice” (which I had missed) playing! Needless to say, for the time it was playing, I don’t think I typed a word!
8. Midwife Mondays Response. Wow! You guys are amazing. 60% more views than average on my blog on Monday when my first official “Midwife Mondays’ post went out, and so many comments on Facebook and on here. I was a bit nervous about documenting this journey – not any more! You guys are awesome!
9. Sushi. After living in a city without an “Itsu” for a year, getting Itsy Sashimi for lunch yesterday made me so happy! If you haven’t tried it, do!
10. Bridget Jones Cinema Trip. Bridget Jones decided to wait until I started my training as a midwife to have a baby – so, of course, us student midwives had to see it together! I group of about 10 of us went to see the new film yesterday, and I’m not even slightly ashamed to say, I cried!