Another week, another “Ten Things Thursday” – I can’t believe how fast the weeks are going at the moment! This week has been fun – There have been days out, nights in and some very yummy dinners (I’m trying to be healthy and lose a couple of lbs – I’m trying to be adventurous so I don’t get bored within about 3.5 minutes and order a dominos – since I now get a 50% NHS discount!)
I do feel very very content in my new life up here. Coming up with 10 things that have made me smile each week is something I thought I might have to really work on, but I am finding it so easy – Things genuinely make me smile every day in this new chapter of my life – something which reinforces that I’ve definitely made the right decision to head in this new direction. 🙂
1. Tea and Gossip with Sara and Lucie. I’ve known these gorgeous girls a matter of weeks and already I love them to pieces – and they popped into my new flat for a cuppa and a good old fashioned chin-wag! 🙂
2. First Placement Info. My first placement is going to be out in the Community which I found out on Friday – Too excited! Yay!
3. Cheesy Fish Cakes. Healthy eating had me craving cheesy carbs and just on the verge of indulging in pizza or cheesy pasta, I discovered some melting middle Haddock & Cheddar Fish Cakes that, honestly, made my Friday night!
4. Fairy Lights. Fairy Lights are magical. And I finally got to put them up in my gorgeous little flat! I Love it! SO COSY!
5. Cambridge University Visit. Cambridge University is BEAUTIFUL. Over the weekend I had a good look around a load of the colleges and it is STUNNING and great to explore!
6. Saturday Hedgehog Cuddles. Need I say more?! A whole evening in to snuggle with my spiky baby! 🙂
7. Skills Lab. Skills Lab is like a hospital ward, in the university – and Monday was our first day working there. Suddenly it all felt very real and SO EXCITING!
8. Autumn is here. Autumn is absolutely my favourite season. Writing this list, spending mornings wrapping up in all the layers and putting together my autumn boots lust list has just reinforced that IT’S HERE! Yay!
9. Wednesday off. We tend to get a mid-week day off for self-study – this meant I spent yesterday in my cosy joggers, doing blog work, writing flash cards for all the Anatomy & Physiology material we’ve been learning and drinking ALL THE TEA!
10. Bake Off. Yes, Yes and more Yes. I love Bake Off. You just can’t beat a good roulade, and all of the mini mousse cakes looked DELICIOUS! I was sad to see Tom go though – I liked him, but I do think it was his time. (p.s. If you fancy making a roulade, you can find my chocolate raspberry roulade recipe here!)