Today, little Twiglet, my tiny spiky baby, turns one!
It’s funny, it feels like he’s been in my life for so much longer that a year – His funny little face looking up at me from under his blankets, or snuggling up with me in front of a movie. He makes me smile when I don’t feel like smiling. He is there waiting for me when I get in, matter what time. He is always in the mood for a cuddle. And we have been on some proper adventures together (I mean, look above, we had a london day trip together and everything!)
I know I sound like a crazy hedgehog lady, but he really is so special – I have made some huge changes in my life in the year I’ve had him, and having him there to snuggle when I don’t feel like talking to anyone has been really special.
Little Twiglet has been in my life since he was 6 weeks old (and I was being sent photos of his tiny face pretty much from the moment he turned 2 weeks old – I was smitten straight away!) – so to celebrate him turning 1, I thought I’d share some of my favourite photos of him – cos he is just so blooming cute!
1. 2.5 weeks old – Twiglet was still living with the breeder, and she sent me this gorgeous picture!!
2. One of the first photos I took of him when I got him home at 6 weeks! 🙂
3. Twiglet sleeps in my pocket quite often – on this occasion, I accidentally woke him up and he greeted me with this grumpy face!
4. I LOVE the Innocent Big Knit campaign – perfect fit for a little hedgehog head!
5. The cutest little sleepy face ever!
6. Post-Mamma Mia Press Night snuggles with David!
7. In the Cornish sunshine!
8. London Underground – yes, I was the mad woman who brought a hedgehog out of her bag on the tube! 🙂
9. Visiting the Good Ship Benefit! 🙂
10. Getting ready to jump in the shower, I look around to find this! Ha!
11. “Mum, can I come to Spain with you and David please?!”
12. Hedgehog Modelling!!
13. “Mum, that cake looks a bit like me!” – My little sister made me a hedgehog birthday cake….not sure Twiglet was that convinced…!
14. All settled in Cambridge – Twiglet loves the new flat too!
15. JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE!