It has been so so long since I’ve posted a recipe for something sweet on here! I’ve been concentrating so hard on eating well and coming up with creative, low calorie, healthy savoury recipes, that I haven’t been cooking anything sweet – until about ten days ago.
M had been away for the week, and I wanted to make something scrummy for him to come home to, so I whipped out my old fudge recipe, and within half an hour the fudge was finished and setting – it’s a quick recipe, and it uses a microwave instead of a pan on the hob (so it’s much much safer!)
What You Need:
- 325g caster sugar
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 100g butter
- dash of vanilla essence
- 1 bag minstrels
- 1/2 bag magic stars
- Baking tray or brownie tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Large heatproof bowl
How To Do It:
- Line the baking tray/brownie tray with greaseproof paper.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large heatproof bowl. Add the Butter and both the Brown Sugar and Caster Sugar.
- Mix well and place in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Stir well and place back in the microwave for 1 min 30 secs.
- Repeat step 3, three more times, stirring thoroughly between. (in total the mix will be in the microwave for approx 8 mins)
- While the mix is in the microwave, crush up the minstrels in a sandwich bag, leaving large bits as well as smaller bits.
- During the last two times in the microwave, the mix will bubble right up and thicken, extra stirring between will help the mix thicken properly.
- Add the minstrel chunks and vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Pour into the lined baking/brownie tray, sprinkle the magic stars on top and place in the fridge for half an hour. The mix will already be starting to set before it goes in the fridge so half an hour will be more than enough for it to be properly set.
- When set, cut into chunks and indulge (store in the fridge for up to two weeks)