Sometimes you just need something really simple to whip up, whack in the oven and indulge in. And that’s just made a million times better when it feels like stodge but actually is quite healthy and good for you!
As you guys know, I’ve been trying to be really healthy and have managed to shift over 30lbs this year, and a lot of that is by acknowledging that I love things like pasta, and making dishes that include these things, but filling them out with veg and stuff to make it all a lot better for me!
This pasta bake, along with my Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake have been my absolute go-tos when craving pasta, and they are also fab for prepping in advance if you are working shifts or long days and need something to chuck in the oven for 20 mins when you get in, and then be able to microwave the leftovers too!
Calories Per Serving: 453 per serving
What You Need:
- Large Baking Dish
- Large Frying Pan
- 1 Onion
- 150g Chopped Red Pepper
- 375g Courgette
- 3 Tins of Tuna (in Water, not oil)
- 230g Pasta
- 1kg Tomato Pasta Sauce – No Added Sugar (yes, it’s lazy but it makes this recipe so easy!)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
How To Do It:
- Preheat the oven to 200’C. (If you are cooking this later then don’t worry about preheating the oven, obvs!)
- Cook the Pasta and pour into the Baking Dish.
- Fry off the Onion, Garlic and Courgette in the Frying Pan.
- Steam the Broccoli in the microwave (quick and easy!) for 3 mins then add to the pan.
- Add the Tomato sauce and the Tuna. Mix well.
- Pour the Sauce over the Pasta and mix through.
- Place in the oven for about 20 mins, until golden brown and crisping on the top. If you want to make it a little more indulgent, sprinkle a little bit of Light Cheese on the top before baking – adds to the calories but makes it that little bit more delicious!
You can prep it all up to this point and then bake it later on – just keep it in the fridge and bake within 5 days.
Leftovers can be saved in the fridge for up to 4 days or can also be frozen (which is what we often do – our freezer is full of sandwich bags of pasta bake or bolognese sauce!) and then just reheat in the microwave when you want it!