I started this week by writing up my conclusion and recommendations section and then re-reading the whole thing. Then it was a case of word count – without references, abstract, quotes, tables etc, I was down to 713 words over, so I had a bit of work to do but nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be!
I sent a copy to my mum, who is wonderful at going through stuff I’ve written and deleting the bits where I rabbit on (god knows what she would do if she could edit my blog!) and also to my supervisor and then I slept on it.
By then end of the week I had managed to cut it down and tweaked a few points that I felt needed a bit of adjusting….now it’s just a case of going over it all again this week, making sure I’m happy with it and my supervisor doesn’t hate it, and then submitting! Eek!
I also set aside a couple of days this week for interview prep, as that time is coming around, so I went over all my emergencies in case we have skills drills and generally got myself ready answer whatever questions might come up. I don’t really know how I’m going to cover the interview process on here…I think I might have to do it all retrospectively, simply because I don’t want to put it all out there and then not get the job! I will tell you guys all, but it might have to be after my interviews are done and I’ve finalised a job….crossing fingers that actually happens!
We had a nice weekend this weekend too, completely dissertation free, where we went to Bristol and spent some time with friends – so necessary when everything else is quite stressful!
So, overall it’s been a good week and this week I’m just looking forward to clicking “submit” and sending all 59 pages to be marked! Feels like a huge tick off on the to-do list for finishing this course!
Image by Lauren Mancke
To read last weeks Midwife Mondays post, click here